Saturday, November 10, 2012

What I'm thankful for

Thankful  2012

It's not that I'm not thankful all year, but November is the month I really sit back and think about the last year. The older I'm getting the years are going faster. It seems only weeks ago I was doing this, but it was actually a whole year already! It always amazes me how much happens in a year. 
 I really can't believe my twins are going to be 3! It may sound silly but I'm thankful to have made it through the last year! LOL they give me a run for my money everyday! They are the hardest most amazing blessing! Watching them grow together, seeing their relationship, and the joy they bring me everyday warms my heart. 
My 9 year old is so smart, it's such a relief to not have school problems with her.  I'm thankful she's starting to find herself, she was really put out from the twins. She went from being the baby with lots of attention, to having the twins take her place. I'm so thankful how much she loves them. I love to see her read with them or play with them.
My 11 year old boy.....I'm so thankful for all his progress. Even though there have been some issues at school, it seems some things are getting better. I'm thankful he loves his sisters. Yeah he will joke about it, but he and my 9 yr old are best friends. I love listening to them talk, and laugh together. He also is such a big help with the twins.
My 14 yr old drama queen.....I'm thankful she's is HS. As she gets older, a lot is getting better. It's easier to get my point across when I can take away her phone, computer time hanging out etc. I'm also so thankful she adjusted so well to HS and is getting good grades.
My 17 yr old....I'm thankful she is doing so well in school, and life. She is really a well adjusted, smart young lady. I can't believe she is graduating! It brings me such joy to see her play tennis.
My 19 yr old....I'm thankful she's back HOME! It's been a rough year for her and me! I'm thankful she is getting her life back on track! I'm thankful for our relationship.
The hubby....where to begin? I'm thankful for him EVERYDAY! He is such a good husband and father. We've come a long way this past year. Between the twins and oldest, and my almost nervous breakdown, we had our share of tense, angry times. I'm the most thankful we weathered our first real storm together and came out stronger. It's such a blessing to have a husband who understands, or at least tries to, and who backs you up, and encourages you on the days you feel like the worst mother on the planet. We are a united front when it comes to raising the children. He helps with the twins, or running an errand, or whatever I need that day. Yeah I complain sometimes, but I know how blessed I am to have him.
My mom....I am so thankful first of all that she's here! Still alive! She had a few scares this year, with another heart surgery, a spot on her lung, and adjusting to new medications. She is my best friend, we talk everyday and I'm thankful for her love and how she's so supportive of me and my family. We've come a long way. She never understood why I had so many kids, we had some issues to work through and I'm so blessed to have made my peace with her and that she's a part of my life. 
There is so much more I'm thankful for as well. I'm thankful work has been coming through for my husband, good health, my house, my car, being able to put food on the table, and most of all I'm thankful to be a stay at home mom. It's not always easy, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. First just let me say that with having 7 kids holidays must be a blast around your house; I can understand why you are so thankful.

    There really is so much to be thankful for... sometimes just getting caught up in the day to day 'stuff' can cause me to lose sight of the bigger picture. And then I have days like today that remind me how truly grateful I am.

    Ah, the blessings of family!

    ReplyDelete