Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Finding my way

I don't know why but as women and moms we often take a back seat when it comes to taking care of ourselves. I finally realized wanting to look good, working out, getting your hair done, nails done, drinking the occasional Starbucks, going to the bookstore whatever it is you do to feel good about yourself is NOT selfish or shallow. When we as moms, wives, women feel good about ourselves we are happier. Being happy makes you a better mom, wife and person to be around.
I have 7 kids and a grandbaby on the way. It's my 17yr old who is pregnant. My oldest moved back home so the only kid out is my second oldest and she's at college so she is still home for holidays etc. I have a full house to say the least! It was time for me to make myself a priority before I had a nervous breakdown. I decided to stop with the excuses and take control of my health, mental and physical. I still take on most of the house but between having everyone take care of their own stuff, like dishes, laundry etc and errands when possible I have a couple hours a day to do what I want.
I have a ridiculous schedule of running around town taking kids back and forth to school and activities. I was so excited that the girls were starting kindergarten but then I found out it was half day. Well not even, Mondays they go 11:30-1, Tuesday-Friday 12:30-3. With my daughter being pregnant and due soon between the doctor visits and the other kids, not to mention my husband I find myself overwhelmed often. I really don't like feeling that way. I am the type of person that likes a plan and routine. Well that's out the window now!
I finally decided to throw away all my excuses and get healthy. I started Beachbody in February and all I can say is it has been my lifesaver. It is a program that combines clean eating, drinking shakeology and working out. One of the things I love most is the community of women who support, encourage, share and motivate each other. This is not a quick fix, its a lifestyle. I have lost over 20 pounds and tons of inches. As much as that is so rewarding, fitting into clothes, being comfortable and loving my body for the first time in years, I have to say the best part is doing something just for MYSELF. Once you start working on yourself the rest truly does start to come together. Being physically fit has made me feel mentally fit to handle my day to day life. Do I always feel like being healthy and working out? No, but I press on anyway. I am never disappointed when I press play. When the workout gets easier, you are sweating and making progress it makes you feel so accomplished. You step back and you're like, I DID THAT! Its not always easy but always worth it. When I have a bad day, or I overate, had a drink of alcohol some chips or cake, whatever it is, its ok. A bad meal doesn't ruin or define your lifestyle. It doesn't mean oh well, you might as well give up. It means you enjoyed some treats and the next meal you get right back on track.
I have decided to blog more and let you know how I am finding my way through the crazy!
                                                February          April                 September
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment