Thursday, June 21, 2012

Swimming

Swimming

There is just something about being in the water
Suddenly everything gets so much clearer
The pounding in my head
The feeling of dread
My body seems so light
Nothing feels tight
I could be in the pool all day
This is when I hear everyone say
 Don't you ever tire?
Of swimming? Are you kidding? I don't even perspire!
It's the best of both for me
Playing with kids, and feeling so free
One of the kids favorite things to do
Is pick me up, and carry me around the pool
It's such a great feeling to not have to say
Don't even try, you can't pick me up anyway
I'm so thankful for my pool
Without it, I couldn't keep my cool
Having 6 kids all summer can really test your sanity
Without my pool, I wouldn't come back to rationality

1 comment:

  1. "There is just something about being in the water ... Suddenly everything gets so much clearer" It is that way with me too!

    Water has such a calming effect on me. My little one's have had 7 swimming lessons so far, and they are doing great and loving every minute of it. We just recently renewed our membership to the gym...that has the swimming pool, huge slides and spa and I am ... I mean we are enjoying it, we've been just about every day.

    ReplyDelete