Sunday, July 1, 2012

What getting older has taught me



I have enough of my own problems, so I don't have time to judge anyone else
Things that seemed so important, really aren't .....like material things
Time goes so fast, it feels like one day I was a young mom with toddlers and woke up to one grown and out of the house and teens!
I have to make time for my husband, these kids grow up and leave
It's okay to put myself first sometimes
It's ok to say no
It's ok to rest
Pj days are fun
I'm thankful my life came full circle and I understand my mom, and she understands me
I don't really have time for friends, but it's ok, my life is so full between my husband, kids, and my mom
I like to be alone
Even though I feel I parent the same, each one of my kids is having their own experience and they are not the same
I love being a mom
I need to take life one day at a time
I have no control of things I thought I did
Life is constantly changing
I will never regret the time I spent at home raising my babes
The older I get, the less I care what other people think
It's ok for my kids not to like me, they don't need to be happy all the time, I am not their friend
I don't feel guilty about how I parent, what will be will be, there is no right way, perfect way...I can just do my best, and it's good enough
Days drag on, yet years fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment