Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To my kids

To my kids

Being a mother means everything to me
I wish everyone would just see
How amazing it is to be a part
Of something so big, right from the start
I know it might not always seem, that you mean the world to me
I'm sorry that I get angry, it's not how I want to be
You need to understand that my life does not just revolve around you
Even though I'm the mom, there are sometimes I don't know what to do
Just keep in mind, I always want what's best for you
That's why I say no to things you want to do
I am so thankful for every moment, every milestone
Watching all of you grow together, so you wouldn't be alone
Seeing pieces of myself in each and everyone of you
You make me so proud to be your mom with all you do
It still fascinates me, how different you all are, like your name
Yet, there are things about you that are all the same
I hope you enjoyed your childhood, I've done my best
To prepare you for when you leave the nest
There is one more important thing for you to know
Even though sometimes it doesn't always show
There is nothing you could ever do
That would make me stop loving you

No comments:

Post a Comment