Saturday, July 28, 2012

Poem about my oldest

Letting go

Why is it so hard to let go?
I try not to let it show
How much this is killing me
Why don't you see
I didn't give any thought to this stage
Maybe I thought you would never age
You are my beautiful amazing girl
Now your life is in a whirl
How do I separate what I think you should do
With just spending time with you
People think its about control
But that's not it at all
You deserve every good thing this life has to offer
Instead you are settling for the life of a pauper
You should be with someone who wants what's best for you
Not someone who is taking advantage of you
Where is my sweet girl whose glass was always half full?
Now she's lost in world filled with bull

1 comment:

  1. I love your poem, I also find myself wanting time to slow down

    ReplyDelete