Friday, May 18, 2012

Lost

Lost                                  


I used to be so sure of myself, knowing when to say yes, and when to say no
Now I second guess myself, where did my confidence go?
Life is so hard, sometimes it feels like a  show
But I know without these hard times I wouldn't  grow.
Being an adult is not always fun
I sometimes wish I had the freedom to run.
The days of my youth are a thing of the past
I didn't realize they would go so fast.
Hindsight is 20/20 , sometimes I wish I could go back to that day
So many memories, decisions made,  if I went back what would I say?
Where would I be, if something changed?Would it be worth it? 
 No point thinking,  I could have, should have, no I won't waste another minute
So here I am, in the present
Trying not to resent.
We do the best we can with what we know, so no need to pout
 Now I'm desperately trying to find my way out
How weird, where did I go?
It's time to let myself show.
I need to take comfort in the choices I made
The life I created out of the shade.
So  I am older, wiser, have perspective only age can give
No need to be lost, it's time to live
So full circle I have come, I am not lost you see
I am a wife, a mother, a friend and me.


2 comments:

  1. Ya know, what is it with getting older and suddenly not having a clue as to how you got there and where your going? So glad to know I'm not alone lol.

    ReplyDelete