Friday, April 27, 2012
I read a great blog this morning by my friend You Know it Happens at your House Too. She pointed out how it's important to count our blessings. I have plenty to be thankful for as well. This is my list of top 10 things I'm thankful for.
1. My husband. We are married almost 20 years now, and I can honestly say I'm still so in love with him! He makes me feel beautiful and special. He likes to talk to me, and when we go out its like we're young all over again! He is the person I call when I'm down, or when the best thing happens. He truly is my best friend.
2. My children. The fact I have been blessed with 7 children still blows me away. Being a mom is the best thing I have done with my life. They make me a better person everyday. I now know what it means to love unconditionally, to share EVERYTHING!, to live life, to not take anything for granted. They have shown me how strong I am, with dealing with all of their different personalities and learning styles. They have pushed me to be their voice, especially for my son. They are my joy.
3. Being a stay at home mom. I couldn't even imagine how hard it must be for working moms. To be on call for your family, and hold a paying job! I am so thankful we have made it work with me being home.
4. My mom. We havent always had the best relationship, but I have been blessed to make my peace with her. She had a six way bypass at 53, and her future is uncertain. I am so thankful I can call when I feel at my wits end! She is like a best friend now.
5. Making peace with my dad. I went to visit him last year when his wife was real sick in the hospital. It took my whole life, but I finally got the truth from him and was able to say what I needed to. At least now, we keep in touch through email etc.
6. My sister ( my dad remarried and had 6 kids so they are half siblings) we are 10 years apart, I'm older. She always looked up to me, but to be honest I hated her for years. I felt she had my dad and my life. Now that we are grown women we are the best of friends. It's so nice to have someone who really knows me, and can be brutally honest with me when I need to hear it. She is visiting soon and I CANNOT wait!
7. School. Yes I complain, and make references to possibly homeschooling my boy and the twins. But to be honest, I enjoy the break, and I think they need the social aspect even when it sucks. Not to mention, there is so much on my plate I can't imagine adding their education to it!
8. My house. We have been blessed to be able to move into a house big enough for all of us! We have luxuries that I never thought would be possible, like a pool, 3 bathrooms, and 5 bedrooms. It certainly makes day to day living easier, especially since my boy can have his own room set up how he needs.
9. My truck. Even with the price of gas, I am so thankful to be riding in a Suburban that fits all of us! We've been there, sharing one car, trying to figure out who needs to be where.
10. My online friends. I've met some wonderful people through FB. It's so nice to have a place where we can say anything, and not be judged! Wonderful women who know what it's like, who encourage each other. Oh and the laughs! I love the good times we spend laughing at pictures, and sharing drinks!
So even though you hear me rant, and complain don't ever get it twisted. I love my life, and count my blessings daily!