Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tv show

You know those moments when it feels like you are really connecting with your children? The ones where it seems they are genuinely listening and are interested in what you are saying? The moments where it feels like, yes, this is what being a mom is all about, sharing your life experience with your children. When you feel like, maybe I can save them from making some of the mistakes I made at their age. Well I was talking to my teenage daughter about something important and I was having all of those feelings.I felt like, wow she is really listening to me. I thought she was about to say something like thanks mom, you are so intune with life, I am so impressed and will take what you know to heart. When instead the little brat turns to me and says mom are you sure you even know what you're talking about? You don't even have your own tv show! Tv show? Is she kidding me? I have life experience I don't need a damn show! I mean really what the hell was she thinkng responding like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment